I also got to go with my oldest daughter at home to the Sewing Expo! Good times and I am treasuring them for as long as I can. It was alot of fun meeting with vendors and designers alike. Getting to see what others create.Unfortunately we saw alot of these:
Then the following day hubby and I had a get away for 2 days to an embroidery seminar at Sawmill Creek Resort! What a nice place to stay! Next time we are taking the kids! Very family friendly and it has beautiful surroundings that we did not get to explore :( Next time.
God had a different plan for us that day.
This was the front entrance.
This was part of the pool area. We thought the smaller part was a jacuzzi but it was just part of the pool.The best part was that it was warm and hubby even went in. He won't go in the water unless it is close to 90 or a very hot day
.

They had interesting pictures along the walls I think cut out in metal.
 |
Also could have been a great history lesson for the kids on Native American Indians. They had many artifacts there.
I had mentioned earlier that God had other plans for us that day. As we were leaving Thelma from Alaska was sitting by the door. You wouldn't happen to be going near Cleveland would you? She didn't know how to work her cell phone. So dh took a look at it turned up the volume so she wouldn't miss her calls and plugged in his number. We agreed to take her to Cleveland. I wish I would of taken a picture. Did I mention Thelma was legally blind? So we load Thelma's belongings on one side of the back seat and the other side sat Thelma and Jerry! Her working dog who happened to be a big black lab. Off we went to Cleveland on the way we discovered we were to go on the outskirts of Cleveland. No matter it was nice getting to know Thelma and Jerry!All I could think of was Thelma traveling to Cleveland with her seeing eye dog with no connections not sure of how she was going to get to point a to b. I thought what a brave lady! Travels in faith and does embroidery with little site! Thelma you are amazing! May the Lord Bless you ! I guess we didn't do what we had set out to do these past few weeks but the Lord knows and he had us doing things for Him along the way. Our lives are richer for it and we are closer to him for the lessons we have learned in the journey. |
No comments:
Post a Comment