Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Beginnings



   After much persuasive encouragement I am starting to blog! Spring is here, well sort of in nothern Ohio. The birds are chirping and we are seeing tiny buds on the trees. Good things are coming! Yesterday my son and daughter went out
and collected 82 praying mantis cocoons!




Why? I am not sure other than he likes nature and over the winter Ethan has gotten into plants. He thought a few of his cocoons were dead so he brought them inside. I was asked the next day if I wanted to see a baby praying mantis. Went right over my head with the bustle of trying to begin school. Later on it hit me, hmm baby praying mantis's ???




 As I asked my son about this I heard these words..... DON'T WORRY MOM I THINK I'VE GOT ALL OF THEM!.  I have heard these words before from this son who collected many,many frogs, toads from his older brothers home. His older purchased a foreclosure with an old built in pool that was perfect for breeding these animals. I found them in the back seat of our car (frogs and toads) tied in a walmart bag hopping around. Don't worry mom I got them all out. Fast forward to date night with hubby, quite a few days away from the frog incident, long forgotten or Not. We are driving down the road chatting, having a nice time when out of no where this frog hideous creature comes leaping into my lap!! STOP THE CAR! STOP THE CAR!!  What??? Good times, I think. I can look back with a smile on my face now 6 yrs. later.
      It is that time of year again New Beginnings, New Life. Revelations 21:5 says: And he who was seated on the throne said, "Behold I am making all things new." Also he said write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." I am so thankful that my Father in heaven makes all things new. This spring as the flowers bloom, the trees bud and turn green,new animals are born let us remember that the one who made us makes all things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment