Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hands on Learning

 We are mostly hands on learners here. I say mostly because momma is not. Its all good though, as it prys me out of a book gets me out of my comfort zone. I am not completely visual I have always loved crafting,sewing, needle work etc but as for learning I'd rather read, shadow and then maybe do. The rest of our clan is all about jumping in with both feet. I think they get that from there dad.
He enjoys a good project. Once I went out to get milk and we had this small wall in our kitchen. He was curious about what was behind that wall and when I got back from that little excursion..... It was no longer there! Count it all joy. Count it all joy. I wish I had a picture of that one. Everyone had a good laugh at my expression as I walked in through the door with milk in hand. It was only 15 min. I digress...

  Last week with youngest we were learning about how a seed becomes a plant. I am still learning about how to live hands on while everyone else here has it in there genes. So, after school my son and grandson went out to play and you know what they did? They found bean seeds from our resident gardener and surprised me with their treasured plants. I am glad they were listening! They are enjoying watching these little guys grow.



I had to add this one from the gardener. This past spring he got the idea to grow an avocado. He simply took a pit from an avocado that we purchased from the grocery store nurtured and planted it. I don't know if it will make it the 3 yrs. in northeast Ohio to see the fruit of his labor but we are all enjoying it.
 Here is another little something he has planted and one of his pumpkins. He is trying to talk his dad into letting him have the back acreage to garden with. We'll see as this will be no small feat to get water out there to tend to his plants.

I wish I could capture the colors on the maple leaf tree for you all they are just beautiful. Go ahead get your hands dirty and grow or make something beautiful.

                     Blessings, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment