Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet

   Our spring kind of hit with a bang! Through ours daughters appendicitis, a cancer diagnosis for our daughter in law life has accelerated by since. I have heard it said blessing and trials run on parallel tracks and this has never been more evident in our lives than now. I am sure it has always been there. Life has manifested in such away here lately it just can't be ignored.

    It was a gorgeous summer here in northeast Ohio. Lots of sunshine and warm weather that is one thing we just don't take for granted here! But then there was the  drought that has affected everyone in one way or another. Our son Ethan had a wonderful garden this year. It was the best one we have ever had and we are reaping the benefits of his hard work. It is amazing watching our boys turn into men right before our eyes and our girls becoming women.

   We also had a wedding in the family and welcomed a new daughter. This in turn brought our eldest daughter and her family here with us!  It made for a busy, happy time here. Lots of laughter and pattering feet. I am sorry to say I was so busy enjoying them that I never got to  take many pictures!Thankfully I have a camera loving daughter!


  This cancer diagnosis has been a tough thing, watching a loved one suffer and fight. It has also been a blessing in that we now look at life differently. We are treasuring the moments, the good and the bad. Wishing I could bottle each one up and savor it just a little longer. It (cancer) is teaching us so much. If you talk with my daughter in law  you will often here I am fine. Looking into her eyes she is not fine physically. Seeing the weight loss and the fatigue she is suffering with she is not fine. She is here though loving her husband and children with the Lord near her side, she IS fine. My sons favorite mantra lately is its no big deal. Not that cancer is no big deal but the things happening along the way that add to the stress. I guess in the big picture. There are not many things that are a big deal. I think what he is really saying is what the Hymn writer Horatio G. Spafford wrote It is Well With My Soul.I am thankful that we have the Lord Jesus Christ to lean on. He is my rock.  About a year ago we studied the book of James and I am so glad we did.  Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4 And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James1:2

No comments:

Post a Comment